Transition of the county paratransit service to a smartphone application, “Bee-Line Paratransit”
Paratransit users will be able to book a trip, receive real-time text updates
and make payments using the handy Bee-line ParaTransit app
Planning your trip on Westchester County’s Bee-line paratransit system just got easier with the transition to the Rider Smart phone app. The application, called Bee-Line ParaTransit, will allow users to access the ParaTransit service online or via a mobile application on your smart phone. The transition comes with a host of technology enhancements, including the ability to book paratransit travel in advance, receive a real-time text message or call for updates on your ride, or plan a trip for the future.
Westchester County Executive George Latimer said, “This is great news for the Westchester County paratransit community, and we are always looking for new ways to make improvements that make our system easier and more convenient for our users. Stay tuned for more exciting updates on our Bee-Line ParaTransit app.
Westchester County Office for the Disabled Director Evan Latainer said, “This new system will continue to provide further enhancements for easier access and better on-time performance for our clientele. We would like to thank County Executive George Latimer for making it possible to invest in these services for the disability community.
The Bee-Line ParaTransit smartphone app offers passengers the following enhancements:
Rider smartphone app:
- Receive an automated text message or phone call 10 minutes before your vehicle arrives for your pick-up
- Receive real-time notification to view your vehicle’s location on a live map
- Allow the passenger to manage their trip on the day of the service and book their next trips.
- The online booking portal will allow you to manage your trips, and to book your future trips.
Pickup Time Window:
- Passengers will receive an automated phone call the day before your trip, with a 30-minute pick-up window.
Booking trips with an arrival or meeting time:
- The software will provide a 30 minute window for the vehicle to arrive at the designated pick-up location.
- The passenger will receive a text message or automated call ten minutes before the vehicle arrives for pickup.
- Passengers will be able to use vehicle tracking and receive real-time updates through the Bee-Line ParaTransit mobile app on the day of travel.
To know more visit our websitecontact the Office for Persons with Disabilities at (914) 995-2958 or the Transport Adapté office at (914) 995-2874.