This Nokia smartphone is getting the Android 12 update
Nokia XR20 was launched in India last year. The smartphone is the company’s flagship phone. It comes with a military-grade design and carries a price tag of Rs 46,999.
With the new firmware update, the Nokia XR20 gets a redesigned user interface and a privacy dashboard that notifies users when an app accesses location, camera or mic . It also adds new visibility features such as grayscale, area magnification and more. Here is the full changelog:
- Privacy Dashboard: A clear, comprehensive view of when apps have accessed your location, camera, or mic over the past 24 hours.
- Accessibility improvements: Designed to be even more accessible with new visibility features; Area Magnification, Extra Dim, Bold Text and Grayscale.
- Private Compute Core: Protect sensitive data in the Private Compute Core. A one-of-a-kind secure mobile environment.
- Conversation widgets: An all-new conversation widget puts conversations with the people you care about front and center on your home screen.
- Google Security Patch 2022-03.
Those interested can head to Settings > System > System Updates to check for the update on their device. The update’s availability was shared by some users on Twitter.
Specifications of the Nokia XR20
The smartphone offers a Stock Android experience. The Nokia XR20 sports a 6.67-inch Full HD+ (1080 x 2400 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection on top.
The phone has two color options: blue and granite. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 SoC and packs 6GB of RAM with 128GB of storage. The device is backed by a 4,630mAh battery with 18W wired and 15W wireless charging options.
On the camera front, the phone offers a 48-megapixel main sensor and a 13-megapixel ultrawide shooter. For selfies, the phone has an 8-megapixel camera. The camera setup has Zeiss optics.