Cricket Wireless starts selling Samsung’s cheapest 5G smartphone and upgrades data plans
Samsung is affordable and one of the cheapest in the US market, A 5G smartphone, the Galaxy A13 5G is now available from Cricket Wireless. After AT&T’s 5G network expanded in October to cover Cricket Wireless customers on all the carrier’s prepaid plans, adding such a cheap phone makes it perfect. It’s as if Cricket is trying to make 5G as accessible as possible for all of its customers. Whether you switch to Cricket Wireless or are a current customer, the price of the Samsung Galaxy A13 5G remains the same: $230. Below is a quick overview of Galaxy A13 5G specs in case you are considering the device:
- A triple-lens camera system to capture vibrant photos
- 90Hz Infinity-V HD+ display, perfect for video streaming or gaming
- A fast and reliable processor for a lag-free 5G experience
- 15W fast charging and 5000mAh long-lasting battery
In other news, Cricket announced that they have decided to update their plans and will be joining the ACP initiative. Cricket’s $30 and $40/month plans have been updated as follows:
- Customers on $30/month. plan will see its monthly data allowance automatically increase from 2GB to 5GB
- New customers who sign up for the cricket service on $40/month. plan2, which offers 10 GB of monthly data, will now be able to make and receive calls and send texts from Canada and Mexico
Finally, Cricket has opened enrollment for the new Federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The ACP initiative will reduce the monthly cost of in-home prepaid broadband and wireless Internet service by up to $30 per month for eligible households (or $75 per month for households on eligible tribal lands).
If Cricket’s move is approved, new and existing customers can have their ACP benefit applied to all of the prepaid carrier’s plans, allowing them to sign up for Cricket’s $30/month for as little as $0 after the benefit. .